Fresh content that is consistently published is what creates loyal readers for blogs. Your fans will come back to your blog week after week to see what new information you have shared. During the holidays, however, it can be difficult to keep up with your blog.
There are gifts to buy and wrap, holiday desserts to bake, family to spend time with, a tree to decorate – the list goes on and on. How do you make time for blogging when you are already so busy? Just letting it go until January may not be the best thing, since you risk losing readers when your blog “dies”.
The solution? Get creative with your content! Learn how to blog during the busy holiday season in a way that doesn’t take up so much time. This way, you can still enjoy the season without being on your computer all day, and your readers still get to see something new now and then!
How to Survive the Holidays without Losing Blog Readers
1. Republish older content. If you have posts that haven’t gotten you traffic in several months, it may be time to bring them back to the top! Read through these older posts, updating any information that needs it. You can also create new Pinterest images and other social media graphics so it looks new. A refresh and new graphics is likely less time consuming than creating new content altogether.
Don’t worry about your readers being upset that you are re-sharing something you wrote months ago. Most of your readers have probably never saw super old content. Plus, when you update and add to it, it’s beneficial for them to give it another look.
2. Repurpose other forms of content into blog posts. Do you have any ebooks, videos, or audio recordings you have created on your blog topic? You can use these to create new content for your blog!
If you have content on your YouTube channel, for example, that you’ve never actually posted about on your blog, do a roundup of your most popular videos. The same can be done for podcast episodes.
You can also have audio or video transcribed so that you can publish a text blog post during the holidays. Hiring this out frees up your time to spend with your family while still getting fresh content for your blog!
3. Stay semi-active on social media. Even if you can’t blog as much as you usually do during the holidays, it’s still a good idea to check in with your followers. Just a simple post explaining what you are doing or why you are away is sufficient.
This lets your readers get to know you a little better, and see there is a real person behind your blog. If you can be personable, most won’t abandon you even if you blog hasn’t had a new post published in 3 weeks or more!
4. Engage over email. Your most loyal fans are probably subscribed to your newsletter. Reach out to them to let them know you are busy with the holidays. They are probably drowning in holiday tasks themselves! Even when you can’t post on your blog, a 10-minute email to your subscribers can keep everyone sticking with you until the busy season is over.
5. Hire a virtual assistant to help. Sometimes, bloggers just need a little help keeping things running smoothly during the holidays. A VA will free up so much of your time because they specialize in the mundane tasks, like publishing posts, creating images, and social media management. If all you had to do was write the post and let someone else take care of the rest, your blog would stay alive during the holidays!
6. Ask for guest posts. It’s common practice for bloggers to ask others for guest posts when they know they are going to be away and unable to create content. Along with holidays, vacations or caring for a loved one are other times you could seek guest posts. And it’s a win-win for everyone, because the guest poster will receive some link love from the post they send you!
More Posts You May Like:
What are your best tips for surviving the holidays without losing blog readers?
If you found this post helpful, please share!
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the online income juiciness right in your inbox!