When I started this blog in February, I had high hopes. I was going to blog 3 times a week, promote it heavily and have it up and running successfully. Well, things happen…life happens.
I wasn’t able to really start putting the effort I wanted into Online Income Mom until the first of August. I installed a new theme, started pumping out posts, and growing my social media numbers. A couple of my social media accounts, namely Twitter and Pinterest, I have had for years, so they aren’t true representations of my work on this blog.
To help hold myself accountable, I decided to share my traffic numbers for my first real full month blogging here on Online Income Mom. I don’t feel comfortable doing an income report yet…I’m still working on it! But until then, I would like to help others who want more blog traffic and pageviews.
How I Grew My Blog from 64 to 4,795 PageViews in 30 Days
The first day I really started working on my blog was August 4. In the 30 days before that, I had gotten 64 pageviews. There were two posts and a few pages up, so I’m a bit surprised I was able to get that many pageviews.
In the 30 days after, however, I noticed a huge increase in my pageviews. The hard work I’ve put in during the last month has really started to show!
What did I do to get almost 5,000 page views in the past month?
1. Published blog posts consistently. I posted two each week, generally Mondays and Thursdays. I’m off this week, but I blame the holiday! As long as I get back on track, I don’t think missing one day will be a huge deal.
2. Promoted each post in Facebook groups. I grabbed the Facebook Group Master List from Cath at This Mama Learns. This let me see what groups to join and when I could promote my links. I made sure to return the favor — an important step in networking with bloggers!
3. Used Tailwind to schedule pins. Tailwind saves me a TON of time pinning my posts to Pinterest. In just a couple hours each weekend, I have enough pins set to go out until the following weekend. It saves me from getting distracted, and the regular, consistent pinning helps get my content out there!
4. Utilized group boards on Pinterest. Another great way I got more reach and exposure on Pinterest is to participate in group boards. I have joined probably 15 in the past 30 days. They have all helped me to increase the repins of my content.
5. Interlinked my content. Once you have a visitor on your blog, try your best to keep them there! Interlinking your posts is a great way to get more pageviews from a single visitor. If you haven’t heard of interlinking, it’s basically linking to related content on your blog within each blog post.
6. Added popular posts to my sidebar. The more you do to get your readers to stay on your blog the better your pageviews will be. I have a couple images in my sidebar that link to helpful blog posts.
I plan to keep working on these six areas, as well as increasing my email list. I think that will really help my pageviews, as every subscriber will be notified of new posts as they go live each week.
How are you growing your blog’s page views?
If you found this post helpful, please share!
Never Miss a Post!
Get all the online income juiciness right in your inbox!